Thursday, April 29, 2010

Better Sister



Sometimes I think, could a be a better "big" sister than I am? I am the oldest of three, a seventeen year old sister and a nine year old brother. When I was younger, and even now occasionally, I hated being the oldest. It is cliche but there is a real responsibility to "be the oldest," which means setting the example. I need to never lose my temper because it will influence my siblings etc, etc.

But why complain? I do love being the oldest, and I wouldn't change it. I love being able to be the example, and giving them advice from my past experiences. Recently I have noticed I influence my siblings a lot. Alejandra loves musicals, and british culture because of me. I introduce Anthony to new music all the time, and he ends up loving it. But, maybe I could be better at the job, by making a better effort. There is always room for improvement.

0 comments: